If you have an hourglass figure you likely have shoulder and hips that are in perfect alignment with a defined waist. We highly recommend that you can enhance your curves and highlight your figure by choosing lingerie that accentuates your waistline and is form fitting.
Here are some suggestions for the best lingerie for an hourglass shape:
- Bodysuits/Teddies: Look for a supportive bodysuit or teddy with a waist defining feature to accentuate your curves. Also, look for a high cut with not a lot of booty coverage (think thong!)
- Bra and Panty Sets: Bra and panty sets that feature a high-waisted panty can help accentuate your waistline and showcase your curves. Look for styles with lace or mesh detailing for a feminine touch.
- Bustiers: Bustiers are similar to corsets, but typically feature more coverage on the bust. Look for styles with boning and underwire for support, and a cinched waistline to enhance your curves.
- Garter Belts and Stockings: Garter belts and stockings can add a touch of glamour to any lingerie look, and also help draw attention to your curves. Look for styles with a wide band at the waist to accentuate your hourglass shape.
- Corsets: Corsets are a classic lingerie style that can help enhance your curves and create an hourglass silhouette. Look for styles with boning and lacing for a custom fit that emphasizes your waist. It is very important that the coset fits you properly. Also, keep in mind that corsets may be a little more difficult to pose in simply because your movements are a little more restricted. These do make for great standing or sitting photos though!
For your boudoir session we highly recommend that you avoid a chemises or babydoll. These tend to not photograph as well. The additional fabric may have a tendency to make you appear bigger than you actually are.
Here are a few examples of outfits we love:
The above outfits can be found at Bluebella.
Remember, the most important thing is to choose lingerie that makes you feel confident and comfortable. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles, colors, and cuts until you find the looks that flatters your figure and makes you feel your best. If you aren’t sure, you can always send us a message. We are here to help!
A few other places we recommend looking are: